Ceramic Jala Neti Pot is one the best neti pot for alternative health practitioners throughout the world recommend the regular practice of nasal cleansing using a saline solution as part of a regular regimen of health and wellness. Yoga neti pot is a gentle, safe, efficient way to deliver a good cleansing dose of saline to the nose. The practice of nasal cleansing – known as Neti – has been used by practitioners of Ayurveda and Yoga in India for thousands of years. Neti is one of the 6 purification techniques performed prior to practicing yoga as a way of preparing the body for the yoga practice. The Neti pot is the only real tool to practice Neti (Jalaneti).
Jala Neti pot instructions:
- Prepare the saline solution with lukewarm water and fill the neti pot. Hot water is irritating and dangerous. Cool water is not soothing.
- Tilt your head to the side.
- Insert spout of neti pot gently into the raised nostril creating a seal between the neti pot and the nostril. If it drains out of your mouth, lower your forehead in relation to your chin. Relax. If you are calm, the water flows right through. But if you aren’t, it just won’t flow. If you keep breathing through your mouth, relaxed, the water should gently flow through the nose on its own. There’s no forcing it.
- Raise the neti pot slowly to develop a steady flow of saline solution through the upper nostril and out the lower nostril.
- During the process breathe through your mouth.
- When you’re done, exhale firmly several times to clear the nasal passages.
- Reverse the tilt of your head and repeat the process on the other side.