Tongue scraping is a fast way to remove extra particles. It including the ones that cause bad breath from the surface of your tongue. It’s done with a small, slightly rounded tool made from plastic or metal.
How to use Tongue Scraper?
Tongue scraping is relatively easy to perform and requires minimal equipment. A person can use a specific tongue scraper or a toothbrush. Tongue scrapers are available in metal or plastic. They tend to be either a spoon-like shape or a U-shaped metal device with two handles.
People can use the following steps to scrape the tongue:
- After brushing and flossing, open the mouth wide and place the tongue scraper on the furthest reachable point on the back of the tongue.
- Apply gentle pressure and pull the scraper forward toward the tip of the tongue. The scraper should not hurt.
- Rinse the scraper with warm water after the first pass.
- Repeat the scraping process as necessary.
- Swish the mouth with water and then spit it out.
- Wash the tongue scraper thoroughly with soap and warm water. Store the tongue scraper in a clean, dry place between uses.
A person may wish to repeat this process throughout the day as bacteria and sulfur compounds build up continuously.