Cotton Sutra Neti is a cleansing technique in Hatha Yoga. It’s one of six shatkarmas. Sutra neti thread buy online now
How to practice of Cotton Sutra Neti ?
Sutra Neti should be learned from a qualified yoga instructor as it needs guidance in the beginning. This practice is ideally done in the early morning after brushing your teeth, though it can be practiced at any time of the day.
- Take the Cotton Sutra Neti Catheter in your hand and very gently insert the tube inside your left nostril. Take care not to rush it; do it very slowly as it can irritate the sensitive membrane inside the nostril. Many people have mild nasal septal deviations, which is more or less harmless. If the deviation is acute then one may feel a block while inserting the rubber tube. Seek expert guidance in such cases.
- Cotton Sutra neti Thread into your nostril upwards, till it hits the back of the throat. At this point the tube will bend and go down the throat. Continue inserting the catheter slowly.
- Open your mouth and use your middle and index fingers to grab the tube from inside your throat. This takes a little practice. Once you get the knack of it, you can do it with ease.
- Pull neti thread out so that part of it is just outside the mouth. Never leave the other end of the tube, which you are holding with your other hand.
- Now using both hands move the tube in a massaging motion to clean the nostrils and throat.
Sutra neti buy if you do not have one.
- Under no circumstances should you experience pain in the practice.
- If you feel that mean you are inserting it in the wrong manner. You also feel pain if you insert into nose too fast. In which case, stop immediately, withdraw and reinsert the catheter carefully in another direction until you find a clear unimpeded passage.
Resources : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_(Hatha_Yoga)